The method of admission to a Hospital Provider Spell.
|Elective Admission, when the DECISION TO ADMIT could be separated in time from the actual admission:|
|Note that this does not include a transfer from another Hospital Provider (see 81 below).|
Emergency Admission, when admission is unpredictable and at short notice because of clinical need:
|21||Accident and emergency or dental casualty department of the Health Care Provider|
|22||GENERAL PRACTITIONER: after a request for immediate admission has been made direct to a Hospital Provider, i.e. not through a Bed bureau, by a GENERAL PRACTITIONER or deputy|
|24||Consultant Clinic, of this or another Health Care Provider|
|25||Admission via Mental Health Crisis Resolution Team|
|2A||Accident and Emergency Department of another provider where the PATIENT had not been admitted *|
|2B||Transfer of an admitted PATIENT from another Hospital Provider in an emergency *|
|2C||Baby born at home as intended * #|
|2D||Other emergency admission *|
|28||Other means, examples are: #|
- admitted from the Accident and Emergency Department of another provider where they had not been admitted
- transfer of an admitted PATIENT from another Hospital Provider in an emergency
- baby born at home as intended
Maternity Admission, of a pregnant or recently pregnant woman to a maternity WARD (including Delivery facilities) except when the intention is to terminate the pregnancy
|31||Admitted ante partum #|
|32||Admitted post partum #|
Other Admission not specified above
|82||The birth of a baby in this Health Care Provider #|
|83||Baby born outside the Health Care Provider except when born at home as intended #|
|81||Transfer of any admitted PATIENT from other Hospital Provider other than in an emergency|
- The National Codes have been listed in logical sequence rather than alphanumeric order.
- * National Codes 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D have been introduced to replace National Code 28 'Other means'. National Code 28 will be retired in the next version of the Commissioning Data Set.
- # National Codes 2C, 28, 31, 32, 82 and 83 are NOT valid for use in the Mental Health Services Data Set.
This attribute is also known by these names: