This is also known as the Medical and Dental National Training Number, or the NTN/VTN/FTN Number.
- NTN = National Training Number
- VTN = Visiting Training Number (until 31/03/04)
- FTN = Fixed Term Training Appointment Training Number.
The standard format for the EMPLOYEE NATIONAL TRAINING NUMBER comprises:
- Three characters to identify the particular Deanery (e.g. "WMD")
- Three digits identifying the MAIN SPECIALTY applicable to the training programme (e.g. "006")
- Three digits to identify the holder of the number (i.e. "324")
- a single character suffix to specify the Type of the number (i.e. "N" [NTN], "V" [VTN] or "F" [FTN]
Note: not all posts have NTN/VTN/FTN status. Only doctors who hold NTN or VTN approved numbers will be able to complete their formal training and be entered onto the Specialist Register, and thus be eligible to gain appointments as a CONSULTANT.
The allocation of NTN, VTN and FTN numbers reflects the numbers of training places nationally, and the allocation of those numbers to each Deanery.
This attribute is also known by these names:
|plural||EMPLOYEE NATIONAL TRAINING NUMBERS|