The Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data Set provides essential data to:
- Ensure a relevant collection of electronic data to support local service development
- Allow monitoring of key policy initiatives and indicators such as: The Public Health Outcome Framework Indicator on under 18 conceptions; increasing access to all methods of contraception, including Long Acting Reversible Contraceptions (LARC) methods and emergency contraception for women of all ages and their partners; reducing teenage conceptions; reducing the rate of unintended pregnancies and modernisation of Sexual and Reproductive Health Services
- Provide appropriate definitions and guidance material to enable a standardised data set from Sexual and Reproductive Health Services
- Support commissioners in understanding which population groups are accessing Sexual and Reproductive Health Services and which SERVICES they are receiving, including the LARC methods as recommended by National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), and therefore allowing for long-term commissioning of SERVICES
- Develop, over time, indicators of quality and outcome in SERVICE delivery (especially in comparative reports). For example the removal and length of use for LARC devices, provision of emergency CONTRACEPTION, the provision of CONTRACEPTION post abortion and referrals to secondary care, the comparison of attendance rates for selected care and the diversity of young PERSON provision by Sexual and Reproductive Health Services including social referrals
- Reflect current data collection practices and requirements at Sexual and Reproductive Health Services.
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data Set covers PATIENT contact with the Sexual and Reproductive Health Services whether in a clinic setting, in the PATIENT's home or at an alternative location.
DATA EXTRACT SPECIFICATION
Description: The Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data Set return includes PATIENT ACTIVITY provided by Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in clinics and non-clinic venues (e.g. outreach facilities or domiciliary visits). Also included are Sexual and Reproductive Health Services provided by non - NHS clinics funded wholly or in part by Local Authorities and/or Clinical Commissioning Groups (e.g. Brook). It does not include SERVICES provided by CONSULTANTS in Outpatient Clinics or those provided by GENERAL MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS.
Data collected will be used by the NHS, Care Quality Commission, Local Authorities Clinical Commissioning Groups, Public Health England and other appropriate ORGANISATIONS to support the monitoring of the National Strategies on Sexual and Reproductive Health Services, service provision, benchmarking and development of commissioning.
Time period: The extract will cover one financial year.
Frequency: Extracts run annually, six weeks after the end of the financial year.
Format: Data returned should be formatted to a comma separated variable (CSV) or in a MS Excel file. The data variables should be transmitted in the order specified in the Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data Set.
Transmission: Data is submitted via an on-line process to NHS Digital.
For further information on the Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data Set see the NHS Digital website at: Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data Set (SRHAD) Collection.