SNOMED CT® Subset
A SNOMED CT Subset is a:
- Usually represent groups of concepts that share specified characteristics (for example, a specific clinical domain)
- Support user interface development through the organisation of clinical display, creation of menus and pick-lists, or support of knowledge structures
- May be created as value sets for messaging or data entry.
Different types of SNOMED CT Subsets are used to represent:
- Descriptions or concepts for particular realms or specialties
- Suitability of particular concepts for use in a particular context in a record.
This supporting information is also known by these names:
|plural||SNOMED CT Subsets|